Marketing Design CoordinatorFull Time WPS posted 1 month ago
WPS offers the excitement, opportunity, energy, agility, and collaborative spirit of a startup within a stable, family-owned company that has been around (and thriving) for over 70 years. We publish educational and psychological assessments that allow helping professionals to accurately screen, diagnose, and treat people in need. A great opportunity to grow your design skills and feel good about what you do at work!
This is a full-time position in L.A.’s breezy South Bay, and local candidates are preferred. WPS offers a competitive salary (DOE) and benefits including paid time off, medical, dental, 401(k), and retirement plan. We work hard and take care of business, while mindful of the value of work–life balance. WPS has enabled 95% of our employees to work from home during the pandemic and is considering continuing work from home post-pandemic for specific roles.
Pre-COVID, employees enjoyed perks like an on-site car wash, weekly meditation, exercise boot camp, a lunch lottery, mentorship program and quarterly cultural outings are a few of the reasons why working here is awesome!
We encourage optimism, collaboration, and growth, as well as “building relationships that last.” We are looking to build such a relationship with the right individual.
About the Position…
The Marketing Design Coordinator will primarily focus on and be responsible for creating basic digital/online assets including online ads, webinar slides, landing pages, emails, and other advertising collateral on tight timelines and with brand precision. Support sales and marketing in creating digital and online assets that are customer focused all while maintaining our current brand standards as dictated in the WPS brand guide.
- Provide input on creative ideation for all promotions and provide marketing/sales with templates and examples before routing through art helping to minimize art and production workload and timelines.
- Support sales in developing collateral with frequently tight deadlines including;
- Virtual conferences
- Digital/Print Ads
- Webinars and PowerPoint Slides
- LMS Trainings
- CE Trainings
- Support marketing in creating/editing slides and webinar/zoom templates in an effort to execute more webinars with tight deadlines in order to maximize the relevancy of topics covered.
- Support marketing Hubspot expert with all things design related including landing pages, emails, CTA widgets and forms.
- Support marketing and sales with the design of ads and assets to help build a larger digital presence through advertising channels like state organization newsletters, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn and Facebook.
- Work with the marketing and art and production teams to identify missing product images and other issues on the WPS website specific to design.
- Collaborate with Art team to ensure adherence of all materials to brand style & quality guidelines.
- Responsible for all spec and size adjustments to advertising assets that are requested of the sales and marketing department.
- Attend marketing meetings in order to help with timelines based on project/promotional needs.
- Strong understanding of graphic design, print production, typography and layout expertise; possesses strong composition skills.
- Strong understanding of materials, processes, and industry landscape of print production, and common production and design methods and technologies.
- Great collaborator and team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong proficiency with Adobe Creative and Microsoft Office
Your Education and Experience…
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design or similar.
- 3-5 years’ experience as a graphic designer with a portfolio including digital and non-digital examples.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Able to communicate effectively at all levels including presentations.
- Ability to work very tight deadlines.
- Highly competent user of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and PowerPoint.
- Strong written English language skills including grammar and punctuation.
Your Other Duties…
This job description does not contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee in this role. Activities, duties, or responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Western Psychological Services (WPS) was established in 1948 in a little pink house in Brentwood, not far from the local VA hospital. Dr. Morse Manson, the company founder, developed a psychological test that would help returning World War II vets adjust to civilian life. This was the first of many psychological and educational assessments that WPS would publish over subsequent decades. Today these assessments are used by helping professionals throughout the world to evaluate, diagnose, and treat people in need—especially children and teens who have developmental, social, or behavioral challenges. WPS is known world-wide for our industry-leading autism assessments.
That’s the first part of the story: WPS is a stable, successful, family-owned company, 100+ employees strong, engaged in work that you can feel good about doing. This is a place where you can build a career—Many of our employees stick around for 10, 20, or even 30+ years.
Our Latest Chapter…
The second part of our story starts with Jeff Manson, grandson of the founder (and now president of WPS), who’s making a big investment in the company’s future. He’s nurturing a transformative company culture that encourages innovation, creativity, transparency, and collaboration. And, as part of his commitment to a more open work environment, he moved the company a new home in Torrance, with plenty of elbow room, state-of-the-art equipment, and lots of amenities. The idea is that employees who are happy, empowered, acknowledged, and listened to will better serve the customer and the bottom line. It seems to be working—WPS continues to do well year after year!
WPS is an equal-opportunity employer.