Business Intelligence DeveloperFull Time VMWare posted 3 months ago
CloudHealth by VMware is the world’s most trusted software platform for accelerating business transformation in the cloud. We provide integrated reporting, recommendations, and active policy management to help companies control the problems associated with “cloud chaos.” Our comprehensive platform gives enterprise companies and MSPs the ability to visualize, optimize and govern their cloud and hybrid environments. CloudHealth Technologies partners with many of the largest enterprise cloud consumers in the world, serving more than 10,000 customers, and managing over $11B in cloud spend.
Our recent acquisition by VMware has put us in a unique position to give our customers and partners access to a portfolio of cloud services that deliver a consistent and actionable view into cost and resource management, security, and performance across multiple clouds.
Job Role And Responsibilities:
The Business Intelligence Analyst will be a member of our Busines Operations team for the CloudHealth by VMware Business Unit. (a strategically critical business unit within the VMware operation). The person will report to the Director of Business Operations and will be responsible for the following:
- ANALYSIS AND MODELING: Marketing, Sales, Forecasting and Customer Success data to enable data-driven decisions
- IDENTIFY NEEDS & RECOMMEND SOLUTIONS: Ask the right questions, understand the business needs of cross-functional stakeholders, make recommendations for appropriate reports and analyses.
- DEVELOP DATA STRATEGIES & GAIN ACCESS TO DATA: Develop strategic plans to access appropriate and necessary data sources to support analyses and gain access to data through collaboration or data generation.
- DIVE INTO DATA: Develop a comprehensive and deep understanding of the data we work with, foster learning with colleagues using analytical tools and applications to broaden data accessibility, advance our proficiency/efficiency in understanding and using the data appropriately.
- BECOME AN EXPERT IN APPLYING METHODS: Adopt appropriate analytical methodologies, tools and applications to ensure relevant and impactful approaches; pursue technical training and development opportunities, strive to continuously build knowledge and skills
- CONTRIBUTE TO BODY OF KNOWLEDGE: Develop new functional relationships; break down and explain business processes in place; explore new technologies and techniques. Share these insights with the broader team.
- PRODUCE HIGH QUALITY ANALYSES: Apply rigor in analytical design and methods, plan for data processing and querying many types of data sources, design an appropriate analysis plan, assess effective ways of presenting and delivering the results to maximize impact and interpretability, implement and/or oversee analyses and reporting from start to finish.
- INTERPRET AND SHARE RESULTS: Communicate findings to stakeholders and functional partners, understand and anticipate end-user needs and create effective communication strategies for largest business impact
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of demonstrated expertise in a business analyst/data analyst role
- Proficiency writing SQL queries, understanding of relational database concepts, ETL methodologies
- Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting
- Proficiency with data visualization tools, e.g. Salesforce Einstein, Tableau and Looker
- Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner to a wide range of audiences
- Comfortable with change and excels in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion to learn technical tools, business processes, and develop soft skills
- Team player with a willingness to collaborate on a variety of projects, as well as an efficient and independent worker.
- Positive attitude and energy; excellent follow-up skills with great attention to detail.
Ability To Troubleshoot Technical Issues And Creative Problem-Solving Dexterity
- Desire to learn statistical programing language packages (i.e. R and/or Python) and statistical modeling techniques (i.e. Regression, Classification methods, etc.)