Vice President, Business and Legal Affairs, Awesomeness and NickelodeonFull Time ViacomCBS posted 7 months ago
About The Brand
Awesomeness, a subsidiary of ViacomCBS Inc., is a media company serving the global Gen Z audience through its film and television studios. Since 2012, Awesomeness has created original programming and cultivated an audience made up of one of the most coveted and difficult to reach demographics. As a leading media brand for this generation, Awesomeness’ world-wide distribution footprint spans owned, social and premium SVOD platforms. The company also includes a creative agency, creator network, and brand partnerships division. Awesomeness is headquartered in Los Angeles, with additional offices in New York and London.
Overview and Responsibilities
Do you love working as an attorney in TV and film? If so, we have may the ideal role for you! The position of VP, Business & Legal Affairs for Viacom Kids & Family, presents an opportunity to work in a leadership position on a wide range of business and legal affairs matters for Awesomeness Studios, a leading entertainment brand for Gen Z and a producer of hit television shows and films for various high-profile platforms (including the hit film To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before for Netflix and the critically acclaimed Pen15 for Hulu) as well as Nickelodeon, a beloved and iconic multi-platform kids brand (SpongeBob Square Pants, The Casagrandes, All That, Young Dylan and Blue Clues and You).
For this position, we’re looking for someone who will provide senior-level business and legal affairs services for all aspects of studio development and production of young-adult oriented scripted series and films for Nickelodeon, CBS All Access and other platforms: structuring, analyzing, negotiating and drafting a high volume of rights agreements, producer deals, director agreements, talent agreements, distribution and other agreements, developing and building deal structures, templates and forms, providing ongoing senior legal and business affairs counsel during development and production, and advising and working closely with colleagues in Production, Talent, Programming and Development, Finance, and Licensing and Distribution.
The ideal candidate will advise and counsel a broad range of client groups on a variety of complex business and legal matters, including key involvement in the development and implementation of policies, practices and critical initiatives across teams.
J.D., member of the California Bar and a minimum of eight years’ experience at a network, studio, major entertainment law firm or production company, or a combination of such experience, with the following proficiencies:
- Excellent deal making and drafting skills
- Superb communication skills
- Collaborative work-ethic, encourage confidence and exercise sound and ethical judgment
- Proficiency with a wide variety of entertainment contracts and IP law, including copyright and trademark, rights of publicity, and employment law issues
- Television development and production
- Working knowledge of guild and union regulations (SAG-AFTRA, WGA, DGA and I.A.T.S.E)
- Comprehensive knowledge of contract law and intellectual property rights, as well as a high level proficiency of legal analysis and reasoning
- Excellent attention to detail, top notch organization and project management skills, significant and direct experience supervising business affairs and legal aspects of television series and television motion picture production, as well as excellent drafting, negotiation, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively, proactively, independently and reliably under tight time frames
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.