Vice President, Social Impact – Youth & EntertainmentFull Time @ViacomCBS posted 1 year ago
Overview and Responsibilities
The Vice President of Social Impact will report directly into the Senior Vice President and will manage a team to create impact!
- Develop bold campaigns and activations for MTV, Comedy Central, VH1, CMT, Paramount Network, Logo, Pop TV, Smithsonian, and TV Land. With an eye towards developing campaigns with non-profits as well as other media, entertainment and brand partners.
- Lead on research and strategy development projects and effectively communicate findings and strategy, develop measurement plans to track the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Partner closely with content creators to advise on social and racial justice issues and storylines, including messaging guidance, action campaigns and cast member support.
- Work closely with internal partners at the brand level, ViacomCBS CSR and Office of Inclusion, as well as external partners such as talent, brands, and nonprofits to bring the campaigns to life. Collaborate with departments including marketing, insights, social, digital, development, and communications to develop integrated campaigns.
- Represent the department and brands with press and other public facing capacities.
- Develop and manage budgets to effectively use resources to maximize impact.
- Lead a small team and collaborate with our colleagues across the broader team and support on work streams where needed.
- 10+ years of professional experience, with a preference for those who have worked in the social and racial justice field.
- Experience working in social impact at an entertainment or media company, creative agency, and/or forward-thinking nonprofit is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Deep passion for social justice and driving social change, with the ability to think like a smart and strategic creative. Experience in rapid response campaigns and crisis communications is a big plus.
- Deep commitment to and experience working on diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Experience with effectively aligning and mobilizing a broad network of stakeholders.
- Ability to rapidly shift between projects and priorities – keeping a clear focus on what really matters.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills with strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Digital, social media, and editorial savvy and plugged into pop culture, digital youth culture, and prosocial trends. Passion for film and TV.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.