Copywriter/EditorFull Time ViacomCBS posted 7 months ago
Overview and Responsibilities
Dynamic, award-winning in-house agency seeks a manager-level copywriter/editor to develop, write, proofread and edit creative and strategic materials that position ViacomCBS as a leader with various audiences.
As a writer you will…
- Bring a strong focus and experience in digital and social media including website copy and digital campaigns. Develop effective materials across these platforms and all others. Educate team on cutting edge and creative use of platforms.
- Work on small and medium-sized multiplatform campaigns and single ads; event and marketing collateral; name and tagline generation; scripting (live and video), mid- and long-form editorial pieces and more.
- Collaborate to conceive and develop original, creative concepts rooted in strategic foundation; write materials that creatively bring ViacomCBS brand, priorities, initiatives, programs and more to life in ways that drive action.
- Present work to internal teams and partners.
As an editor/proofreader, you will…
- Edit, fact-check and proofread all copy generated by the team to ensure editorial excellence and accuracy of content and copy for all projects.
- Set and maintain the highest standards of accuracy and work with other staff members to uphold those standards.
- Keep editorial resources and guides up to date and communicate updates.
Overall, you will…
- Collaborate with team to deliver creative in the most effective way possible.
- Have a deep understanding of the company (ViacomCBS business, priorities and strategies), the media/entertainment industry and the connections between them.
- Build relationships and develop strong working partnerships.
- Meet regularly with the editorial team to discuss process, creativity, strategy, departmental and company priorities and more.
5 years demonstrated experience in copywriting, editing, proofreading, advertising, creative concepting, campaigns, editorial writing, strategic branding, speech/scriptwriting; Agency and media experience a plus
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to stay organized and productive while managing several projects at once and meeting deadlines
- Ability to apply, maintain and enforce editorial style guidelines
- Can develop and execute effective creative concepts based on strategic foundation
- Can work across the department and collaborate with all teams
- Is detail-oriented
- Is solutions-oriented and resilient; approaches challenges and roadblocks with ideas
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.