ART DIRECTOR (UNTITLED CG ANIMATION SERIES)Full Time ViacomCBS posted 7 months ago
Overview and Responsibilities
- Nickelodeon is producing a new take on a beloved Sci-Fi franchise and seeks one exceptional Art Director to lead design teams. This project is an Amblin-inspired adventure/comedy series. Think “The Iron Giant” meets “The Goonies”, but set in the near future.
- Working closely with the Executive Producers to create the overall aesthetic of the show.
- Work with the Supervising Director and CG supervisor to problem solve any concerns with scripts.
- Create and oversee concept art.
- Create Color scripts for each episode.
- Oversee Background, prop and character design teams, ensuring they match the aesthetic style of the show while keeping on schedule.
- Work closely with the CG Supervisor to ensure both Technical and creative needs are met.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position.
- Candidates must have a strong design aesthetic.
- A passion for Sci-Fi, vehicle design and cinematic storytelling.
- Advanced understanding of Photoshop and other production programs needed, and must be able to problem-solve to increase productivity.
- Strong problem solving and team management skills.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.