Director of Integrations – Minneapolis, MN or TelecommuteFull Time United Health Group posted 5 days ago
Transforming health care for everyone takes a huge effort. But we never said major impact was easy. At UnitedHealthcare, We are working to create a system that is connected, aligned and more affordable for all involved. One that delivers high quality care, responsive to the needs of each person and the communities in which they live. And as part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we have the support and resources of a Fortune 6 industry leader to do so. As a Director of Strategic Initiatives, you’ll lead mission critical initiatives that drive the development of national policy for a significant population. You’ll develop competitive products that deliver more value and improved outcomes and will help transform the health care industry.
The Director of Integrations is responsible for helping drive the merger and acquisition (M&A) integrations of identified and acquired entities, directly supporting and enabling Optum Financials’ growth. This includes assisting the VP of Integrations to develop and execute on scalable and repeatable processes for effective/efficient integrations which assure the company can service new and existing business that meets our final contractual and customer expectations from a strategic, cultural, systems and operational perspective.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges
Duties include executing integration plans in support of M&A activities and roadmaps, supporting multiple initiatives as assigned that directly grow Optum Financials’ payments business, developing and maintaining relationships across the enterprise and within external entities to effectively manage cross functional integrations. Primary responsibilities include partnership and integration project efforts with various internal teams, as well as external partnership organizations, accountability for deliverables on all assigned integrations, and alignment with Optum Financials’ Implementations team, operations and supporting shared service functions.
- Serve as a resource for company integrations and enable Optum Financials’ integration process design, mechanics and protocols to be followed by all participants and executives
- Direct integration activities of pursued and acquired entities using strategic decision making throughout integration process. Generate integration plans and track efforts to ensure desired outcomes are met
- Provide feedback to leadership on integration budgets and proactively work to help identify any risks with alignment (capital and operating costs)
- Work collaboratively with other leaders as part Optum Financials’ M&A business integrations team
- Communicate and share expectations regarding integration transitions and implementation partnership in accordance with the expectations of Optum Financials’ CEO, COO, Sr. VP and VP of Integrations. Help create updates and presentations to executive leadership on implementation plans and results
- Engage with Optum Financial Leadership, Corporate Development and Human Capital Mergers and Acquisitions teams to triage culture needs and development of individualized integration plans
- Act as a key contact to adjust acquisition and transition plans when needed. Work with Corporate Development, Human Capital Mergers and Acquisitions, Optum Financial Leadership and Operations teams to ensure effective resolution
- Partner with Optum Financial Leadership and business operations teams to align integration and platform migration timelines and work. Ensure key milestones are met by working closely with M&A team support functions and working to proactively resolve issues and remove roadblocks, ensuring integration projects are completed on time and in scope
- Assist with driving pre-close transition plan and ensure seamless handoffs to Optum Financial Leadership and Operations
- Maintain on-going relationship with acquired business leadership teams to ensure effective integration
- Help facilitate post integration team audits and reviews feedback to assess effective handoff to Optum Financial Leadership and Operations teams
- Conduct post integration evaluation of plan and process and implements appropriate changes on a go-forward basis. Communicate results and best practices to support functions and amends processes
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Minimum of 5 years of execution management and operations experience with at least three years of management experience directly leading projects, including senior leadership engagement and project execution
- 4+ years healthcare experience within corporate development, execution of large multi-tenant initiatives, integration, investment banking, or related industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field
- Strong operational focus with demonstrated project management, change management, and execution skills. Self-motivated and able to help drive results with disciplined follow-though
- Strong strategic thinking and business acumen with the ability to align people related strategies and recommendations with business objectives. Adaptable and flexible style of collaborating with key stakeholders in setting direction
- Proven ability to influence and partner with business leaders and human capital community\
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders.
- Health industry experience
- Market and industry knowledge
- Comprehensive understanding of valuation methodologies
- Experience handling multiple, complex and competing priorities and projects
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or other project management certification
- Proficiency with MS Office (Including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Teams)
- Proficiency with MS Project and MS Visio
- Travel and work schedule flexibility
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The salary/hourly range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700 (add additional reference for sales and physicians). Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Job Keywords: mergers and acquisitions, M&A, integrations, manager, director, senior director