Product Manager – TelecommuteFull Time United Health Group posted 3 months ago
People say change is hard. We say so what? We’re in the business of making health care more affordable, simpler and easier for people to access. We need decisive, creative and collaborative business professionals who can help us. As a Product Manager, you’ll design processes and project implementations and diagnose process improvement opportunities as you develop innovative solutions that will affect millions. If that sounds energizing to you, join us today.
In this role you will represent the voice of the business by performing research, design, and development; translating complex business requirements into actionable features and changes/updates to the Government Operations application suite. This is a cross-functional liaison role that reviews requirements and performance against expectations and coordinates/facilitates or influences changes to product to achieve optimal performance. You will work with internal and external business partners to recommend future direction, respond to inquiries, and ensure alignment to business goals.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Capture, analyze, organize, and prioritize business requirements ranging from moderate to complex projects
- Documents and translates business requirements into features
- Responsible for maximizing the value of the capabilities and products
- Collaborates with System Analysts and architecture to identify solutions to meet business requirements
- Provide explanations and information to Agile teams, stakeholders, managers
- Prepares and presents information to leadership for next steps and decision making
- Actively participate in Agile team processes and help implement process changes related to Agile
- Represents business interests and requirements on the Agile teams
- Lead, Build and maintain a backlog/inventory of system and business requirements to quickly react to additional enhancement capacity
- Provides direction to business analysts and IT resources within the Agile team to ensure highest value is delivered
While you’re busy helping us change the landscape of health care, you’ve got to be able to quickly adapt to change in a fluid environment. It’s all about quality reporting, analysis and audits and developing plans and programs to support continuous quality improvement. You’ll also be challenged to gain buy-in from multiple stakeholders before presenting solutions to senior leadership.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of relevant experience as Senior Business Analyst or Product Manager within medical claims or payment operations
- Experience with implementing software or from ideation / requirements through to successful delivery
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Demonstrated experience in gathering and evaluating requirements
- Demonstrated experience in writing and translating business requirements
- Intermediate level of experience with Microsoft Office products (Excel and Word)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Lean process improvement or six sigma qualifications / experience
- Experience of managing business partners in a matrix organization
- Experience working directly with senior level business stakeholders
- Strong working knowledge of how to execute on project deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop strong networks and ensure collaboration and consensus building
- Ability to communicate complex and technical issues to diverse audiences
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let’s talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 7 organization that’s serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry’s singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they’re found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It’s where you can do your life’s best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Job Keywords: Product Manager, Business Analysis, Product Management, Medical Claims, Payment Operations, Software Implementation, Agile, Gathering Requirements, Business Requirements, Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Lean Six Sigma, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Remote, Phoenix, AZ, Arizona