DesignerFull Time Timberland posted 3 weeks ago
As part of the Global Footwear Design team, create innovative and unique product that meets the needs of the global consumer and embodies the Brand Purpose and Creative Vision. The Designer will be responsible for applying seasonal creative direction, new concept ideation, upper pattern design, materializations, technical packages, color rotations and meeting key calendar deadlines.
How You Will Make a Difference:
- Design: Initiate and provide focused, feasible, functional, commercial and innovative footwear ideas that are appropriate for the Timberland brand in a timely manner.
- Use creative problem-solving skills to assist Product Management and Development teams fulfill product and calendar objectives quickly and efficiently.
- Travel: Trips to regional and global locations to present and execute design concepts. Focus on travel specific to business (accounts), insight (consumer and market), and inspiration (trade and trend shows).
- Research: Focused attention to the extent of the product briefs to support the category goals and objectives. Develop the awareness of key accounts and channels of distribution derived from market insights and trends to insure concept feasibility.
- Color, Graphic & Materials Trend: Following the brand creative direction within the application and use of traditional and new materials, compounds and constructions and color direction. Gather and present fashion / trend inspiration and storyboards to support concepts relevant to projects. Focus on consumer trend through social media and trend resources.
- Innovation and Conceptualization: Create two and three-dimensional sketches illustrating new, unique product ideas and concepts which meet the expectations delineated in the product brief.
- Graphic Design: Ability to create unique graphic prints and elements for footwear applications on patterns and materials.
- Technical Package Development: In conjunction with a product developer, prepares the approved design into a package of two and/or three-dimensional information which adequately describes and utilizes current and feasible manufacturing and assembly techniques. This package would also take into consideration performance, fit and costing objectives.
- Documentation and Communication: Maintain and provide a clear form of documentation and communication with team members in order ease the transfer of the design solutions from concept through commercialization. Ability to partner with Product Management and Development teams with an openness to feedback and a focus on collaboration to achieve the best result.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 3-8 years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts, or related Design degree
- 3-8 years of Footwear Product Design
- Highly Proficient with Illustrator and Photoshop preferably in Mac environment. 3D Modeling and rendering experience or potential to learn. Other basic computer skills including Microsoft Office Products.
- Experience with leather, textiles, graphic, color, footwear or apparel.
- Candidate must possess strong organizational and communication skills (oral, written in English) and ability to work within a cross-functional team; strong ability to manage multiple priorities with a critical eye in a fast environment; flexibility to adapt to constantly changing environment
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
- Domestic and international travel required up to 15% of the time.