Scientist I, POROS Manufacturing – Second ShiftFull Time @Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. posted 7 months ago
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Bedford, MA or Chelmsford, MA
How will you make an impact?
The Scientist I, POROS Manufacturing is responsible for performing and training new employees on all production related operations within the POROS, BDX, and some POP related manufacturing activities. He/She will also act as a Process Knowledge expert by assisting various departments in change management processes, such as Engineering Change Orders, Safety Management of Change, Maintenance projects, PPI projects, etc. He/She will also assist with scale up and new product introductions into the large-scale manufacturing suite.
What will you do?
- Perform duties within the corporate EH&S Standards and place proper emphasis on safety and quality
- Operate various process equipment including reactors, pressure filters, pumps, filling, labeling and packaging equipment according to written SOP’s and UOP’s in a large scale, chemical batch manufacturing process.
- Performs and trains new employees on various activities in accordance with SOP and UOP’s to carry out unit operations such as the following: equipment changeovers with Lock Out Tag Out and Confined space protocols, Elutriation processes and finished product discharges, R-Bead polymerization processes, Bead Coating processes, and BDX and POP processes.
- Maintain batch and equipment records per department’s ISO13485 standards and Good Documentation practices with a high focus on quality.
- Perform required in process testing to continue manufacturing processes such as pH, moisture/solids content analysis, particle size analysis, refractive index, and UV/VIS analysis.
How will you get here?
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering field or Life Sciences or High School Diploma/GED and Minimum of 5 years of chemical manufacturing experience
- Chemical or Biotech manufacturing experience preferred including understanding of chemistry (i.e. acids, bases and organic compounds).
- Experience in cGMP environment, use of Delta V and/or SAP is preferred.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills are required to be effective in this role.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to interpret data, perform basic calculations, and troubleshooting skills.
- Highly organized and excellent at multi-tasking, proactive, hardworking, and self motivated.
- Ability to stand for 80% of the shift, move ~40 lbs up one flight of stairs, push 55 gallon drums on wheeled dollies and wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including work uniform, steel toe shoes, hair net, safety glasses, bump cap, and nitrile gloves. PPE may also include face shield, respirator, and smock.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.