Intern – ClaimsFull Time State Farm posted 4 weeks ago
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
Do you have a big heart for customers? Can you see yourself being the face of State Farm helping our policyholders in their time of need? State Farm claims internships offer the opportunity for you to help customers protect the things that matter most to them. This internship is an exciting opportunity to work for the nation’s largest auto insurer and learn service, communications, investigations, and analysis from our claims leaders and executives.
Ready to join the industry leader?
Our employees are challenged, guided, and empowered. As a community, we help one another grow professionally and personally. It’s part of who we are, and have been since 1922.
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits, locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
As an intern you will:
- Gain insight to a variety of different areas within claims, and learn about other insurance operations
- Learn claim handling processes such as investigation, evaluation, negotiation, and policy application
- Side-by-side with our claims teams as they review medical, property, liability, and injury related issues in claim handling interacting with witnesses, agents, other insurance companies, repair shops, contractors, medical providers, attorneys
- Engage in our mentorship program and interact with senior leadership
- Participate in volunteer opportunities to get involved and give back to the community
We are looking for students who are completing their sophomore year in 2020-2021 with an anticipated graduation of December 2022 or May 2023. Our Claims Internship program is designed primarily for sophomores who are interested in the insurance industry. There is potential for this internship to be for 2 summers.
Competitive candidates will demonstrate the following skills:
- Solid teamwork
- Critical thinking and decision making
- Effective communication
- Attention to detail
- Strong customer orientation
We are targeting students pursuing a degree in Business Administration, Risk Management/Insurance, Finance/Accounting or Liberal Arts; however, open to all majors.
What you can expect
- Pay is $17.00 per hour
- Hours: 8:00am – 4:30pm, Monday – Friday
- Start/End Dates: May 17, 2021 – July 30, 2021 (11 weeks)
- Paid holiday: Memorial Day and July 4th
- Housing stipend: eligible to qualified candidates.