Sales Leader Wichita North, KSFull Time @State Farm posted 7 months ago
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
Our careers at State Farm are unique. They aren’t about the lowest price or the best product-price value and they aren’t about service or simply insurance. Ours is a calling. Ours is a chance for a better future for our friends, family, customers and communities. We can be and often are everyday heroes—caring and stepping in with our customers to help them realize their dreams.
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Wichita, Kansas is a thriving city of over 400,000. It’s a hidden treasure among mid-sized cities with a typically vibrant arts, cultural, dining and entertainment scene. Its walkable downtown sits on the banks of het Arkansas River. Interested in continuing your education, there are three universities based in Wichita—notably the Wichita State Shockers, and a number of universities with satellites. Golf, got it. Parks and nature preserves, got it. Got it. Got it. Wichita thrives because of the diverse industries drawing in talent from around the world. It is home to global energy company Koch Industries, quite a few aviation companies, and McConnell Air Force Base. With that diversity and business climate means a strong and accessible airport with direct flights to Dallas, Houston, Orlando, Phoenix, Las Vegas, LA, Chicago, and Atlanta. Search online, you’ll love what you see!
Want more… Wichita is an easy couple hour drive to larger Kansas City to the northeast with its Plaza District and league-dominating professional sports with the Kansas City Chiefs and Kansas City Royals. Oklahoma City is just two short hours to the South with its strong local restaurant scene and home to the Oklahoma City Thunder NBA team.
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits, locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
An effective Sales Leader drives territory growth by engaging and consulting independent contractor agent entrepreneurs. For example, but not limited to:
* Developing and executing a comprehensive territory plan to maximize quality multiline growth
* Consulting with agents on sales/marketing opportunities and goals to positively influence State Farm’s market presence and impact
* Participating in appointments to model and even coach to customer-focused, needs-based goal-oriented conversations
* Determining and recommending to agents appropriate products that meet customer needs, demonstrating an understanding of underwriting, funding options and business rules for complex cases
* Demonstrating expert knowledge of the features and benefits of all products offered; consulting with agents on how best to position them during the sales and marketing process
* Utilizing the available reporting tools, technology and resources to provide effective consultation to agents
* Identifying and recommending options to address agents’ business challenges, market opportunities and office systems to positively influence new market acquisition and retention of existing markets
* Consulting with agents regarding behaviors and goals to align with Enterprise strategies through understanding of the applicable Agency contracts, pay schedules and incentive programs
An effective Sales Leader also accountable for agent placement, and new agent recruiting and development.
Each opening may require specific background, experiences, and skill-sets depending upon the needs of the territory. Typical qualifications include:
- Insurance/Financial Services sales leadership experience
- Strong Industry knowledge is beneficial (Financial Services, Auto, Home, and Life Insurance).
- Demonstrated results in recruiting top talent.
- Experience leading a team to achieve exceptional results and obtaining results through others.
- Business development and consulting experience.
- Ability to influence others.
- Strong communications skills with ability to break down complex problems into simple terms.
- Local network or personal knowledge of a geographic location beneficial in certain markets.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher level education desired
- Candidates must have or be able to obtain FINRA Series 6/63/65 or 7