Sr. Associate Scientist / Scientist I, Antibody EngineeringFull Time 23andMe posted 4 months ago
23andMe, the leading consumer genetics company, has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. Our Therapeutics team uses this data to discover and develop novel medicines to treat important diseases. The team currently has research programs across several therapeutic areas, including oncology, skin, respiratory and cardiovascular disease.
We are seeking an outstanding Senior Associate Scientist or Scientist I who will contribute to the generation, characterization and engineering of antibodies across the Therapeutics portfolio.
For more information about our Therapeutics team, please visit https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
What you’ll do
- Execute antibody engineering to improve desired properties for therapeutic development using molecular biology approaches including phage display and mutagenesis
- Perform antibody production, characterization and biochemical / biophysical analysis in high-throughput manner
- Support large-scale antibody sequence and structural model analysis
- Collaborate with therapeutic leads to plan the strategy for antibody discovery and optimization engineering
- Interpret, record and present complex biological data
- Communicate and collaborate with other colleagues effectively
What you’ll bring
- Ph.D. with 2+ years of research experience in molecular biology, protein engineering, antibody engineering, biochemistry, structural biology or related field, or Master’s/Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of industry experience with proven record of accomplishments and publications.
- Strong technical expertise in wide range of molecular biology and protein engineering techniques, including mutagenesis, molecular cloning, construct design, protein expression and purification, protein interaction characterization (ELISA, BIAcore, Octet) and sequence analysis
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Critical thinking with high degree of innovative and analytical skills
Note: Job title will be commensurate with experience and academic credentials.