Software Developer – Technical ArchitectureFull Time @State Farm posted 7 months ago
We are not just offering a job but a meaningful career! Come join our passionate team!
As a Fortune 50 company, we hire the best employees to serve our customers, making us a leader in the insurance and financial services industry. State Farm embraces diversity and inclusion to ensure a workforce that is engaged, builds on the strengths and talents of all associates, and creates a Good Neighbor culture.
We offer competitive benefits and pay with the potential for an annual financial award based on both individual and enterprise performance. Our employees have an opportunity to participate in volunteer events within the community and engage in a learning culture. We offer programs to assist with tuition reimbursement, professional designations, employee development, wellness initiatives, and more!
Visit our Careers page for more information on our benefits, locations and the process of joining the State Farm team!
We are seeking someone with technical architecture knowledge and strong communication skills who is also forward-thinking and enthusiastic to join our small, cross functional agile team. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate commitment and passion for delivering an outstanding customer experience, leveraging modern development strategies and product management principles. You will be joining a horizontal team in which collaborative self-directed individuals thrive and will be responsible for designing and participating in the implementation of complex solutions.
Seeking candidates with the following Skills/Experiences:
- Experience in object-oriented software development (Java),WAS and/or TP.
- Basic data knowledge (DB2, SQL, and/or Postgres)
- Familiarity with OO design patterns
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in designing technical solutions and defining both current and aspirational architecture.
- Experience with creation and development of Architecture Decision Documents
- A passion for teaching and partnering with others
- Enthusiasm for innovation, diversity of thought, and new ideas
- Instills techniques that strengthen self-confidence and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to collaborate and build relationships locally and across locations
- Experience increasing quality by applying various development and test practices (ex. unit test coverage, automated acceptance tests)
- Must be self-motivated and a team player
What You Can Expect:
- Applicants are required to be eligible to lawfully work in the U.S. immediately; employer will not sponsor applicants for U.S. work authorization (e.g. H-1B visa) for this opportunity.
- Next Steps: Competitive candidates may be invited to participate in the interview process. This is where the excitement begins!
This position will have a 12-month incumbency period, beginning on the effective date of the position, which must be met before the employee can post for any other lateral State Farm position. Employees may be considered for leadership or Technology Engineer openings at any time, and a promotional position within the same job structure (i.e. Professional/Technical or Para-professional/Support) after 6 months from the effective date of the position. In these cases, the remaining incumbency would be waived. The incumbency period does not affect the at-will relationship between State Farm and the employee and does not create an employment contract, nor contractual rights.