HR Business Specialist – Kearneysville, WVFull Time @Sheetz posted 6 months ago
Responsible for overseeing the Talent Acquisition, Employee Engagement, HR-Related Training, Employee Retention and Employee Relations efforts for supporting Sheetz Distribution Services (SDS) terminal along with other business units.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (other duties may be assigned)
- Manage all aspects of HR to include, Talent Acquisition, Employee Retention, Employee Engagement Training, Compliance, Employee Events and other special projects as assigned.
- Oversee the Onboarding and Drug and Background process for new hires in accordance with DOT and company guidelines.
- Partner with the Terminal Manager and other assigned business unit managers on disciplinary issues and investigations and recommend resolution in compliance with Sheetz internal policies as well as all federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Respond to and resolve Employee Hotline calls and Exit Interview feedback
- Maintain accurate records and compile HR reports related to turnover, staffing, leave of absence, work restrictions, and other reports as requested.
- Oversee the employee medical leave program, employee attendance policy and workers compensation program for assigned business units, as applicable.
- Actively support the Sheetz Legal Department with response to EEOC complaints, employment-related litigation and other related issues.
- Coordinate with SDS HR Business Partners to assure HR compliance and consistency between all SDS facilities, as well as HR Business Partners in other business units when providing services and support to their assigned areas.
- Responsible for administrative and operational support of the SDS Terminal. Serves as a back-up to the Terminal Manager and assists operations with tasks including, but not limited to: daily staffing coverage, customer complaint resolution and Driver meeting participation.
- Support other HR functions and business units as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: (Equivalent combinations of education, licenses, certifications and/or experience may be considered)
- Bachelors degree in human resources, business or related field required
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in human resources performing various HR generalist duties required
- PHR/SPHR and/or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certification preferred
Tools & Equipment
- Phone, Fax, Laptop, Printers, Copiers
Sheetz, Inc. is a fast-growing, family-owned, food/convenience company that has been in business since 1952. Sheetz has over 600 locations in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland and North Carolina.
Our mission at Sheetz has been to meet the needs of customers on the go. Of course, things have changed over those nearly 70 years. Life is faster and busier, and customers expect us to be there when they need us most. One thing that hasn’t changed is our commitment to our customers, our employees and the communities in which we operate. Sheetz donates millions of dollars every year to the charities it holds dear.