Scientist II, BioreactorsFull Time @Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys posted 6 months ago
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Hunt Valley, MD | Cell Culture and Cell Therapy
How will you make an impact?
The Scientist II, Cell Biology will plan and carry out laboratory experiments and assays associated with the development of novel cell culture media formulations and processes. The selected candidate will support ongoing studies, execute approved study plans, and directly support various projects and analysis of scientific data. A primary focus will be the execution of experimentation in the ambr microbioreactor system. A Scientist II must be able to work flexible hours.
What will you do?
- Designs experimental plans with guidance and executes experiments, analyzes data, generates laboratory protocols, and contributes to technical reports and product summaries
- Maintains and operates of bench top bioreactor systems, including ambr microbioreactors
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of data requires an evaluation of various factors
- Troubleshoots and solves problems in the design/execution of development projects
- Exhibits creativity in selecting approaches and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Investigates new methods and technologies and maintains accurate lab notebook to support protection of intellectual property in accordance with relevant Thermo Fisher required standards
- Maintains knowledge of principles and theories through familiarity with competing technologies and/or products and review of current scientific literature
- Presents data internally and contributes to external publications when appropriate
- Interacts with other internal departments in the commercialization of new products or execution of customer media services
- Performs duties independently with guidance from manager
- Complies with all company safety, training, and quality regulations and procedures
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 plus years of experience or Master’s degree in Biology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry or other related discipline, or equivalent knowledge and experience
- Previous cell culture experience with suspension cell lines used in protein production applications (e.g. CHO, HEK293, BHK)
- Experience with the operation of bench-top stirred tank bioreactors/ambr microbioreactors and related process development laboratory equipment
- Experience with methods and techniques of small-scale mammalian cell culture
- Demonstrated competence in data analysis
- Demonstrated ability to identify and solve problems of moderate scope
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate scientific results in a clear, concise, & accurate manner
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate and manage multiple project tasks
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Working knowledge of scientific principles and proven proficiency in statistical design of experiments (DOE)
- Experience with bioreactor culture with perfusion, microcarriers, and/or microbial fermentation
- Experience in research design and the evaluation of new techniques and procedures for manufacturing reagents, systems, products or technologies
- Prior industrial experience, particularly in process development and/or cell culture media formulation development
- Understanding of chemical, biochemical and physical interactions of cell culture media and reagent components
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.