Sales Development Representative – Sales Training ProgramFull Time The Financial Times posted 1 month ago
The Financial Times is one of the world’s leading business news organizations, recognized internationally for its authority, integrity, and accuracy. The FT has a record paying readership of one million, three-quarters of which are digital subscriptions. It is part of Nikkei Inc., which provides a broad range of information, news, and services for the global business community.
We have offices in more than 35 cities, including London, New York, Hong Kong, Beijing, Manila, Sofia, San Francisco, and Tokyo.
Join us and find an inclusive and fast-paced environment with unique opportunities to support every step of your career. Learn more about the FT, including announcements and career opportunities, at aboutus.ft.com.
The Team & The Role
The FT reaches a global audience of senior decision-makers who rely on our coverage to inform their views on the political, economic and social forces shaping the business world. The B2B division is responsible for licensing the FT’s content to organizations around the world and offers information solutions ranging from group and enterprise subscriptions to customized data feeds.
The Sales Development Representative will be responsible for pre-qualifying leads and prospects for the field sales team to close into new business revenue as well as supporting the account management team to build relationships with new contacts within existing client organizations. The role will support the field sales team through a number of activities which include: pre-qualification of leads/opportunities; identifying potential budget holders; proactive prospecting for new contacts, booking appointments with prospects and clients; and gathering testimonials/evidence for proposals. As such, SDRs must be comfortable in making dozens of calls per day.
The SDR role is a training role with a clear career path to more senior roles within the B2B department. The SDR will follow a comprehensive training syllabus that will expose them to various industries and allow them to acquire valuable new business and account management skills.
What You’ll be Responsible For
- Prospect and build a sales pipeline for the field sales team via outbound calling and email communication
- Research and contact potential budget holders/decision-makers
- Pre-qualify leads and book appointments/call backs for the field sales team
- Develop a pro-active outreach plan with each sales manager
- Contact readers to gather testimonials and evidence to support sales proposals
- Carry out account mapping research to identity new contacts and opportunities for cross-sell
- Support the account management team with sales programs
- Assist with inviting clients/prospects to events and set up meetings for the account management team
- Liaise with the marketing teams on campaign activity to generate leads and improve the quality of leads
- Record conversations with prospects on the CRM system for reporting purposes
- Weekly reporting, including successful calls made and challenges faced
What You Need to be Successful in this Role
- Articulate and tactful communication skills, particularly on the phone
- Proactivity, readiness to learn and develop understanding of FT product offering and value proposition
- Good research skills
- Highly motivated and strong desire to succeed
- Organised and ability to prioritise busy workload in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work accurately, with strong attention to detail
- Experience in lead nurturing, lead generation and appointment setting
- Display initiative in undertaking all aspects of the role
- Good team player with a willingness to collaborate
- Be a willing contributor to the department, who offers ideas and suggestions
- Portuguese and Spanish language skills highly desirable
What’s in it For You? Our Culture & Benefits
Generous paid time off including vacation, personal days, sick days
Comprehensive health, vision, dental, and life & disability insurance for employees and their families
Competitive 401k and company match, Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and commuter benefits
Paid parental leave (maternity & paternity)
Other great perks such as summer Friday’s, volunteer days and in-office events
Employee-led networks which promote and celebrate diversity and inclusion in the workplace by connecting, engaging and empowering individuals across the organization
At the FT, we know our most valuable resources are our people and we embrace our employees’ unique skills, experiences, and perspectives. We welcome all members of the community to apply regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Learn more about our benefits and commitment to inclusion