Assistant Project Manager, ConstructionFull Time @RXR Realty posted 7 months ago
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Assistant project manager assists the team in overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, and control, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Assist and oversee newly awarded projects
· Assist the project managers with coordinating activities, schedules, consultants and trades.
· Will be tasked as combined role APM/Super on smaller projects.
· Primary role will be to assist the project manager as well as VP Construction Management on various capital projects.
· Attending weekly site meetings
· Creating meeting minutes, daily logs, change orders, and requisitions
· Coordinating client/architect meetings
· Handling all RFIs and RFPs, submittals, and shop drawings
· Handling project close outs and punch list items
· Managing the paperwork/expediting consultant for the NYC Dept. of Buildings.
· Managing the paperwork/special inspection consultant for the NYC Dept. of Buildings.
· Charting out the project objectives and plans, setting performance requirements, and selecting project participants.
· Implementation of various operations through proper coordination.
· Development of effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts among the various participants.
· Oversee the construction project from start to finish.
· Co-ordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and laborers.
· Monitor the progress of the construction activities and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-contractors.
· Ensure project documents are complete.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ATRIBUTES:
· Computer conversant and proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook.
· Able to prepare Construction Schedules using MS Project or Primavera.
· Experience with Timberline a plus.
· Demonstrates good written and oral communications and team skills.
· Must be creative and should have the esthetic capability to visualize space and develop concepts for marketing, presentation and cost analysis.
· Must be able utilize concept plans to create accurate budgets based on layouts and established standards and finishes.
· Must have a good overview of the technical aspects of construction in order to make accurate assessments of cost.
· Must be a ‘people person’, communicative, an outstanding listener that pays particular attention to details and should be savvy in picking up nuances to successfully estimate cost.
· Must possess sound judgment and an entrepreneurial spirit to effectively negotiate the sale of a product (i.e., space) on behalf of the company.
· Project the highest level of professional appearance and conduct.
· Must be intelligent, highly organized, motivated, self-starter.
· A hard worker, one who must be diligent and focused, and who enjoys hard work and its rewards.
· Effectively work under pressure and can prioritize work to ensure it is completed under intense deadlines.
· Must be dependable, consistent, diligent, and thorough.
· Creative and resourceful in completing tasks accurately in a compressed timeframe.
· Applies knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures in construction field.
· Demonstrates professionalism and pride of ownership in the completion of assigned tasks.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· Bachelor of Science degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or Architecture
· 3+ years of experience on commercial construction projects
· Experience in commercial construction projects from $100,000 to $1 Million
· Able to work in a fast-paced environment and have good attention-to-detail
· Ability to read architectural and engineering plans also a must.
· Understand MEPS systems and components
· Demonstrated communication and presentation skill