Compliance AnalystFull Time @Philips posted 7 months ago
Work closely with the Compliance Manager and Compliance Officer and will primarily assist the SRC Compliance department in the continued development and optimization of a robust Compliance Program.
The Compliance Analyst will promote and enforce adherence to compliance requirements specific to medical device manufacturers, including but not limited to laws governing the manufacture and sale of medical devices related to commercial, research, and educational activities including:
1) Various laws and regulations specific to medical device companies (e.g., anti-kickback laws, false claims laws, sunshine laws).
2) Applicable codes of conduct such as the company’s Code of Conduct and the AdvaMed Code of Ethics, and
3) Policies, Procedures, and Working Instructions.
You are responsible for (but not limited to)
• Performing duties such as auditing, monitoring, tracking, reporting, and database management on a regular basis
• Working with members of the Compliance department in reviewing risk areas and providing recommendations to mitigate compliance risk
• Assisting in the development and implementation of internal controls to help prevent and/or detect significant issues or patterns of potential legal or ethical violations
• Developing and presenting education or training presentations to various audiences on compliance topics
• Maintaining the department incident and inquiry logs using spreadsheets and electronic tracking system
• Documenting, tracking, and following up on corrective action plans for compliance incidents. Escalating issues as necessary to support timely completion of corrective action plans
• Developing, analyzing and maintaining monthly reports for compliance, in addition to any other reports as requested
• Organizing and maintaining an efficient electronic filing/records management system
• Working with other teams and functions to implement and monitor compliant practices as needed to facilitate compliance to applicable laws, regulations, codes and policies
You are part of
The SRC Compliance Program is a multi-faceted program that focuses on the following compliance areas: auditing and monitoring, education and training, contracting, and reporting.
Through auditing, monitoring, and reporting functions, the Compliance Analyst helps to align or realign business operations with legal and ethical requirements.
The development and presentation of specialized compliance education and training programs will assure that company associates are informed and understand how to comply with the various laws, regulations, codes and policies.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• 3 + years of experience working in compliance, legal, or finance department or auditing in a healthcare or life sciences setting.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of effective corporate compliance programs
• Strong knowledge of healthcare fraud and abuse laws, with a focus on Anti-Kickback Statute and False Claims Act
• Strong knowledge of the AdvaMed Code of Ethics and/or the PhRMA Code on Interactions With Healthcare Professionals, and Physician Payments Sunshine Act
• Experience in developing or conducting an auditing and monitoring work plan
• Experience in conducting investigations of reported non-compliance
• Professional certification in compliance by SCCE or HCCA desirable
• SAP experience a plus
• Training and presentation experience in various settings including live audience and remote presentations via Teams, Skype, GoToMeeting or similar.
• Strong organizational, process, and interpersonal skills
• Experience working in a project-focused work environment
• The ability to facilitate clarity where ambiguity may exist in complex business situations
You are a part of the Legal Team based in Greater Pittsburgh area.
In return, we offer you
The ability to collaborate with, learn and grow from colleagues in a highly complex, global organization where you can use your strengths to help drive strategic business initiatives for Philips. Additionally, we provide you a dynamic working environment in an innovative business, paired with a competitive salary, excellent benefits, and a supportive atmosphere where you can sharpen your talents with new challenges and career opportunities.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy/childbirth, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability or perceived disability, genetic information, citizenship, veteran or military status or a person’s relationship or association with a protected veteran, including spouses and other family members, marital or domestic partner status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
As an equal opportunity employer, Philips is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.
US work authorization is a precondition of employment. The company will not consider candidates who require sponsorship for a work-authorized visa.
Company relocation benefits will not be provided for this position. Candidates need to live within the territory or within commuting distance to Pittsburgh, PA.