PROPOSAL MANAGER – WATER, POWER, & OGCFull Time Kiewit posted 4 months ago
The proposal manager position within Kiewit’s energy & industrial proposal team is responsible for the development, organization, review, and finalization of compelling proposals and related opportunity capture documents. As a senior member of the proposal team, the proposal manager is expected to play a leadership role in driving superior proposal deliverables across markets, with or without direct reports. The proposal manager will report to the director of proposals and marketing.
Houston TX, Denver CO, or Lenexa KS. We also might be open to other locations and would potentially consider remote on a case by case basis.
- Develops, manages, and finalizes RFP and RFQ responses for pursuits ranging from $5M to over $1B in contract value, across contract delivery methods and markets.
- On major and/or complex pursuits, leads and manages other proposal staff and contractors in developing deliverables including proposal coordinators and technical writers.
- Collaborates with business line management, business development, operations, and executive team to develop golden threads and win strategies, incorporating throughout proposal deliverables.
- Works with graphic design team to develop compelling visuals that support strategic messaging.
- Interviews SME(s) and conducts research to produce accurate and comprehensive proposal responses and messaging.
- Provides initial go-by write-ups/materials to SMEs, provides guidance to SMEs and others as appropriate, identifying known and potential issues with section responses.
- Creates and manages pursuit responsibility matrices defining roles, deadlines, and assignments.
- Initiates and leads proposal meetings, including kickoffs, status updates and reviews.
- Finalizes and submits proposal documents as appropriate.
- Creates compelling post-bid presentation materials.
- Develops and maintains best practices and templates.
- Manages multiple pursuits concurrently while meeting quality standards and deadlines.
- Supports and/or drives continuous improvement efforts across department including process improvement, development and customization of material by market and/or delivery method, etc.
- 5+ years of proposal or related experience (A/E/C or EPC experience preferred).
- Expert knowledge of proposal process and best practices.
- Exceptional persuasive writing capabilities, including ability to communicate complex ideas through organized and compelling messaging.
- High attention to detail, strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional communication skills, with ability to work well with colleagues and partners in a broad range of roles.
- Self-motived, ability to multitask and deliver results within short deadlines.
- Flexible schedule, ready to meet changing deadlines and priorities to meet client needs. Travel up to 20%.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.