Payroll Specialist- Lake Success, NYFull Time Freedom Care posted 1 month ago
Started in 2016, FreedomCare is a Healthcare company that is innovating and revolutionizing the way home care is delivered. We bring dignity and support to patients needing care in their homes and to the caregivers who care for them. We’re the largest consumer-directed home care agency in NY State, and are continually expanding our areas of focus including operations in other states and tech-based innovations.
We pride ourselves on our values which drive the level of care that we deliver to our patients:
- Here For You (An attitude of service, empathy, and availability)
- Own It (Drive and ownership)
- Do the Right Thing (High integrity)
- Be Positive (Great attitude and a can-do positive approach to challenges)
Join our team and make a positive impact on the lives of others! We are looking for a Payroll Specialist for our Finance team.
Department & Position Overview:
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for processing payroll for out-of-office employees. This role is customer centric and is the central point of contact for payroll inquiries.
Everyday You Will:
- Leverage best practices to process payroll for out-of-office FreedomCare employees by established deadlines
- Accurately process new out-of-office employees, pay rate changes and changes to employee statuses in a timely manner; process the stopping and reissuing of checks
- Act as the main point of contact for payroll related inquiries such as pay, deductions, etc.; research and correct any payroll discrepancies
- Process billing as at relates to payroll; run and maintain weekly payroll reports to verify data
- Work closely with the Finance team and occasionally interface with A/P
- Work on special projects or other related tasks as assigned such as payroll adjustments, compliance, direct deposits, taxes, 401K, bonuses, etc.
Ideal Candidate Will Possess:
- A process and data driven mindset that has experience with analyzing numbers
- An outside of the box thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy for data entry
- Strong time management and prioritization skills
- Bachelor’s degree in a finance or accounting
- Experience in a payroll position in the past
- Excel experience, specifically V-lookups and functions
This role is based out of our main office in Lake Success. For now, we are entirely remote until it is completely safe for our employees to be back in the office.
Why work at FreedomCare?
We are here for you and committed to providing a best-in-class employee experience. We offer competitive compensation, medical benefits, retirement plans, wellness programs, fun company events and ongoing learning opportunities to grow your career.
This is a place where your voice matters, where we build great relationships, and your work has meaning and a tangible positive impact on others!
At FreedomCare, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.