Social Science ResearcherFull Time @Fors Marsh Group posted 6 months ago
At Fors Marsh Group (FMG), we combine the power of science and strategy to improve people’s lives. Each day, we work with institutions and organizations that seek to disrupt markets, understand and influence behavior, drive action on a national scale, and create a positive impact. Our approach extends far beyond our client portfolio—as a certified B Corporation and a 2020 Greenbook Top 50 Market Research Company, we make a difference in our community through corporate-sponsored employee volunteer programs and pro bono partnerships with values-aligned nonprofits. Most importantly, as a 2019, 2020, and 2021 Top Workplace, we are committed to putting people first and foster a culture that reflects that commitment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate diversity and inclusivity as the foundation of a healthy, successful, and innovative work environment. Join us, and together we can work to ensure a better tomorrow.
FMG is seeking an intelligent and motivated researcher with a background in social science. This individual’s primary responsibility would be support of a portfolio of social science research projects for our Military Health & Wellbeing team. This individual would work in a researcher role, contributing to projects designed to improve service members’ well-being and inform policies and decision-making. This job is best suited for an individual who enjoys contributing to all phases of the research lifecycle, working closely with a team, possesses excellent attention to detail and organizational skills, and prefers working in a cooperative environment.
- Assist with the development, implementation, and analysis of research projects on topics related to service member well-being, such as suicide ideation, sexual harassment, and sexual assault in the military
- Conducting literature reviews spanning across disciplines and synthesizing information
- Assist with preparing research reports/briefs for analyst and non-analyst audiences and other internal or external communications summarizing research methods, findings, and implications
- Supporting all phases of the social science analytics process, including the design, analysis, and interpretation of survey research, qualitative research, integrated datasets (e.g., survey data integrated with administrative data), and other studies
- Directly interfacing with team members and clients to understand their needs, manage their expectations, and communicate the most pertinent results to them in a way that is useful and easy to understand
- Analyzing data and interpreting results from descriptive and inferential analyses to identify patterns and solutions
- Degree in social science field such as psychology, sociology, public health, communication, or related
- A minimum of two years of experience (post-degree) in a researcher role
- Demonstration of strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision and as a team member
- Ability to successfully develop and maintain client relationships
- Preferred: Experience working in the Defense environment preferred, especially within areas related to service member health and resilience
- Applicants must be comfortable working with sensitive topics such as sexual assault and suicidal ideations
- Applicants may be subject to a low-level government security investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to sensitive information
- US Citizenship required
Our benefits typically meet or exceed our competitors’ packages. Ways we are unique?
- Top-tier health, dental, vision, and long and short-term disability coverage all covered at 100% for employee coverage
- Our company culture, which values balance. We work around our personal realities while always accomplishing what’s expected of us
- We provide a floating holiday bank so you can celebrate the days you value
- Generous matching retirement contributions and no vesting period in your third month of employment
- Dedicated training and development budgets to expand your expertise and grow your skillset
- You can volunteer your way with paid time off
- You can participate in FMG staff-led affinity groups
- Our employees receive product and service discounts through the certified B Corp network