Business Development SpecialistFull Time @Fors Marsh Group posted 6 months ago
At Fors Marsh Group (FMG), we combine the power of science and strategy to improve people’s lives. Each day, we work with institutions and organizations that seek to disrupt markets, understand and influence behavior, drive action on a national scale, and create a positive impact. Our approach extends far beyond our client portfolio—as a certified B Corporation and a 2020 Greenbook Top 50 Market Research Company, we make a difference in our community through corporate-sponsored employee volunteer programs and pro bono partnerships with values-aligned nonprofits. Most importantly, as a 2019, 2020, and 2021 Top Workplace, we are committed to putting people first and foster a culture that reflects that commitment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we celebrate diversity and inclusivity as the foundation of a healthy, successful, and innovative work environment. Join us, and together we can work to ensure a better tomorrow.
We are currently seeking an experienced, intelligent, and motivated business development specialist to lead and expand our company’s continued expansion and growing portfolio within both the private and public sectors. FMG has experienced robust, wide-spanning growth and aims to continue to expand our business development efforts to continue to develop and market our offerings.
The selected individual will lead the development and execution of a wide range of business development initiatives, including the identification of contract opportunities for a wide range of services across FMG’s product lines including, but not limited to: social science research, human capital consultation, behavioral change research, communications research, marketing and outreach, instructional design and training, user experience, policy and evaluation research, elections and voting behaviors, and numerous other services.
This individual would work with a dedicated team of other business development specialists that manage and lead contracting efforts for the entire organization.
- Review of potential opportunities and identifications of submission and evaluation requirements. Provide recommendations regarding barriers and challenges to potential opportunities and ways to overcome them.
- Contributing knowledge and expertise in federal procurement practices and disseminating knowledge through the company.
- Development of standardized templates for proposals (e.g., technical outlines, pricing volumes, timelines, other documents)
- Managing multiple concurrent proposals, including providing quality control and reviewing financial submissions.
- Supporting the development of a winning proposition for proposal submissions – understanding client needs and tying FMG experience and capabilities to successfully meet them.
- Thinking creatively to identify and propose alternative solutions alongside project teams to provide best-in-service offerings that exceed client needs.
- Coordinating and evaluating technical contributions from internal FMG and external partner teams.
- Building relationships with business partners, subcontractors, vendors, and internal stakeholders to support current and future work.
- Ensuring that all FMG proposal submission meets the highest quality of standards in writing and communicating our solution to client requirements and that all proposal submissions meet all compliance requirements.
- Excellent proposal/project management and coordination skills
- Exceptional creative thinking/problem solving, adaptability, and time management skills
- Understanding of federal procurement practices evaluation criteria for submissions
- Demonstration of strong verbal and written communications skills, including proposal writing.
- Demonstrated experience supporting or leading proposal efforts, ranging from low-level submissions (e.g., single-award TOs) to large, complex deals.
- Understanding of federal labor categories, GWACs, and contract vehicles (e.g., IDIQs and BPAs).
- Understanding of different contract types commonly used by the federal government.
- Experience supporting or leading pricing development for submissions, such as labor category selection for staffing, level of effort development, vendor pricing, etc.
- Applicants may be subject to a low-level government security investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to sensitive information.
- Bachelors degree
- Minimum 3 years professional experience supporting/leading business development activities for federal acquisitions and 4 years overall of relevant work experience (either in a business development function or in the execution of market research or consulting services aligned to FMG’s offerings).
- Experience leading proposal efforts or grant writing initiatives including: opportunity identification, technical writing/review, partner coordination, and pricing
- Previous work experience in functions related to FMG services areas (formative market research, communications research, military research, federal recruitment, etc.) preferred.
Our benefits typically meet or exceed our competitors’ packages. Ways we are unique?
- Top-tier health, dental, vision, and long and short-term disability coverage all covered at 100% for employee coverage
- Our company culture, which values balance. We work around our personal realities while always accomplishing what’s expected of us
- We provide a floating holiday bank so you can celebrate the days you value
- Generous matching retirement contributions and no vesting period in your third month of employment
- Dedicated training and development budgets to expand your expertise and grow your skillset
- You can volunteer your way with paid time off
- You can participate in FMG staff-led affinity groups
- Our employees receive product and service discounts through the certified B Corp network