Leasing Consultant – Longview PlaceFull Time Equity Residential posted 3 months ago
Working for Equity Residential means being part of a community – employees and residents – striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we live and work together. That’s what our Be.Think.Play.Live. culture is all about.
Our Leasing Consultants are the heart of our community, bringing people and apartment homes together. They are multitalented, personable individuals with sales expertise and a passion for building relationships. Leasing Consultants walk side by side with customers, developing rapport and inspiring trust as residents make our community their home.
As a Leasing Consultant, you will work closely with one of our top property management teams to provide exceptional service to residents. Each day will be unique, requiring an ability to prioritize, multitask, think creatively, take initiative, and employ a diverse set of skills. You will listen carefully to discover prospective residents’ needs, confidently recommend solutions and overcome concerns, and earn commitment by guiding new residents through the leasing process. Leasing Consultants bring positive energy to each conversation, resolve any apartment issues quickly and effectively, and make everyone feel welcome and appreciated.
WHO YOU ARE
● A Strong Communicator. Your writing and speaking skills are clear and effective, helping you connect well with others.
● A Team Player. You are united with teammates in delivering the best experience to current and prospective residents.
● Organized. You are flexible and able to juggle appointments and personal interactions with teammates and residents smoothly.
● Creative. You are an idea person and like coming up with smart solutions to new challenges.
● Caring. You put yourself in others’ shoes and strive for positive outcomes.
● Motivated. You invest extra energy to reach your goals.
● Solution-Oriented. You follow through on commitments, letting residents know that they matter.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
● Connect with prospective residents through phone calls, appointments, and follow-up communications.
● Show off our community by walking the property with prospective residents and delivering a persuasive sales pitch about the benefits of living in an Equity Residential apartment home.
● Manage the leasing process by guiding new residents through each step, completing and verifying all lease applications and sharing results with applicants.
● Keep accurate records of prospective and current residents, as well as rent and inventory.
● Handle transactions like accepting rent and deposits and inspecting move-ins and move-outs.
● Collaborate with talented teammates to identify and solve any apartment issues that arise.
● Plan fun activities that help build a strong sense of belonging among residents.
● Demonstrated proficiency in working with computers including word processing, calendar management, software/database, and social media
● Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
● High school diploma or equivalent
● Available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
● College degree or coursework
● Prior experience in leasing, sales, or hospitality
We recognize everyone has different needs outside of work. That’s why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique options to employees, like adoption benefits and paid time off for community service projects. To learn more, view our Total Wellbeing page here.
Working for Equity Residential (EQR), a leading multi-family real estate investment trust (REIT), means living our purpose: creating communities where people thrive. It means striving to provide the best in apartment living, speaking boldly about new ideas for innovation, and inspiring creativity in the ways we work together.
Our portfolio of high-quality properties in urban growth markets – New York City, Boston, Washington DC, Seattle, San Francisco, Southern California, and Denver – provides homes where people most want to live, work and play. We’ve got the best people in the business, as evidenced by our employee engagement scores and customer loyalty ratings. That’s why our employees say they are proud to work at Equity, a company that gives our residents a place where they can Live Remarkably, and offers a culture where our employees have the opportunity to thrive.
When you join Equity Residential, you won’t be treated as simply another employee — you will be considered a partner in our shared success. As such, we are committed to investing in your personal success through a benefits program that supports your Total Wellbeing.
We recognize that everyone has different needs outside of work. That’s why, in addition to a competitive benefits package (medical, dental, vision and paid time off), we offer many unique benefits options to employees, like a comprehensive wellness program, pet insurance, new parent benefits, and paid time off for community service projects. In addition to your next job, you can also find your next home with us! Rent discounts on Equity Residential apartment homes are available to our benefits-eligible employees. The amount of the discount offered is determined based on the market, ranging upwards from 20%. Learn more about our Total Wellbeing program here.
At Equity Residential, like our residents, our employees come from everywhere. A richly diverse work environment captures top talent, cultivates the best ideas, and creates the widest possible platform for success. By focusing on inclusion, these differences are harnessed to create value — in ideas, business practices, relationships, and employee engagement. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to maintaining a diverse, inclusive and equitable work environment where our employees can thrive.
All aspects of the employment process are merit-based. Every Equity employee is expected to maintain a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. Equity Residential does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant because of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, sexual/gender identity/expression, age, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation or related medical conditions), physical or mental disability, national origin, citizenship status, military (including uniformed service member or protected veteran) status, marital status, genetic characteristic or information, ancestry or any other characteristic protected by law. Equity Residential also prohibits retaliation against individuals who report harassment or discrimination, or participate in investigations into such conduct.
- @ Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices California Properties
- United States,California
- Administrative Jobs , Real Estate Jobs