Senior Software EngineerFull Time Epson posted 1 month ago
Do you want to be part of an exciting team driving innovative solutions? Do you love working with emerging technologies? We’re looking for a Senior Software Engineer with a passion for creating new innovative solutions to consumer and business problems to join Epson’s Digital Innovations Team.
What you will do:
The Senior Software Engineer performs research, prototyping, design, development, integration and/or sustaining of full stack applications, for both new and existing cloud environments.
- Research and comprehend contemporary concepts in computer science in order to integrate full software for mobile devices, desktop computers and the cloud. Use this knowledge to design and develop proof of concept and production web applications that interface with Epson consumer electronics devices as well as algorithms that meet and exceed performance targets.
- Analyze and engineer feature requests for business teams, contribute to roadmaps for specific technologies and propose new projects to management.
- Recommend optimal approaches to design and efficient implementation based on practicality, best practices, and key technology trade off decisions.
- Learn and/or evaluate new software technologies
- Plan, estimate, schedule and develop software that interfaces with multi function printers, iOS/Android apps, third party reference designs (e.g. Raspberry Pi), multi modal interfaces and server platforms or libraries.
- Integrate Epson source code with open source software, and software produced by both Epson affiliates and third party companies.
- Investigate problem reports, perform troubleshooting and recommend remedies for multiple products. Also research, install, test, evaluate and document problems in released and pre-release software from vendors.
- Review software designs, source code under development by colleagues as needed.
- Perform unit and integration testing or create test code for features on various platforms.
- Create or update documents explaining feature implementation and usage.
- Re-engineer assigned software to improve the performance, scalability, stability, and maintainability.
- Utilize agile project methodologies.
What you will bring:
- 5-7 years experience in designing and developing software for full stack deployments specializing in backend cloud environments that connect standalone products,
- Completion of an undergraduate program required. (B.A. or B.S.).
- Have a general understanding of approaches in Artificial Intelligence
- Experience applying Machine Learning techniques preferred
- Experience working with web applications and developing software in one or more server scripting languages
- Knowledge of iOS and Android app development and common libraries, object oriented software development
- Experience developing multi-threaded applications, and database formats
- Experience with personal assistant (Alexa, Google Assistant, Cortana, Siri) skill design capability is a plus.
Epson America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability and protected veteran status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.