3000 Davita Way, Deland, Florida, 32724-2039, United States of AmericaPerforms specialized and diversified procurement functions required to supply materials in accordance with Corporate Policies and Procedures; using the lowest reasonable price, ensuring the maximum quality goods delivered on-time to support laboratory operations. Possesses strong negotiation skills to meet financial objectives. Analyzes large amounts of financial data to determine sourcing strategies. Predominately intellectual, discretion and judgment required.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Interprets and makes solid decisions through data collection and spend analysis:
- Uses technology to analyze large amounts of data and provides in-depth analysis needed to support services within the business operations to meet operational and strategic goals.
- Demonstrates strengths in organizational, attention-to-detail, follow-through, analytical, reasoning, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to solve complex problems and think through both tangible and intangible factors in making decision for the company.
- Develops cost reduction strategies and savings plans.
2. Performs Market Research:
- Uses technology and templates to develop regular reporting that provides insight, identifies opportunities and delivers solutions.
- Identifies industry benchmarks for practice and product comparison. Combines data from diverse sources; present findings and opportunities in clear, concise manner.
3. Employs the RFx process:
- Locates vendors of materials, equipment or supplies required, review, evaluate, approve specifications and determine product availability to ensure compliance with the needs of DaVita Labs.
- Demonstrates ability to prepare RFx documents.
- Develops a sourcing/outsourcing strategy
4. Conducts Negotiations:
- Leads or contributes in medium to high complex supplier negotiations, bench marking, and price analysis.
- Negotiates contracts for materials, services and equipment based on cost objectives, bench- marking, price analysis and input from internal customers.
- Demonstrates ability to negotiate pricing, contract terms and conditions including statements of work (SOWs).
5. Exhibits Implementation and continuous improvement skills:
- The ability to collaborate effectively across multi-functions to develop relationships and build both a strong direct and indirect sphere of influence.
- The ability to work in a team, facilitate effective team interactions, and to foster a positive work environment; willingness to assist teammates in order to achieve departmental goals.
- Aligns and energizes behind common objectives, action-oriented & willing to face challenging situations to drive results, innovations and creativity.
- Ability to lead cross functional purchasing projects.
6. Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management or related field Required
- Purchasing or Certifications a plus
- 6-8 years of indirect or direct sourcing responsibility required; Experience with laboratory strategic sourcing preferred
- Microsoft SQL and Crystal report a plus
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications with advanced knowledge of MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience analyzing financial data a plus
- Demonstrates ability to handle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, strong organization skills for fast paced environment