ENTRY LEVEL Healthcare Contract SpecialistFull Time @Davita posted 6 months ago
DaVita Corporate searching for a critical thinker who enjoys detail orientation for the ENTRY LEVEL HEALTHCARE CONTRACT SPECIALIST role!
We will train the right candidate!
Location: Federal Way, WA
General Purpose of the Healthcare Contract Specialist Role
This Healthcare Contract Specialist position on our Payor Contracting team administers the terms of the contract portfolio with DaVita and health insurance companies. This Healthcare Contract Specialist position researches contract language, documents and tracks portfolio performance of critical contract terms, and communicates with health insurance companies and internal DaVita teams.
Responsibilities of the Healthcare Contract Specialist
- Research and review contract language as needed
- Track portfolio performance
- Provide language strength analyses as needed (e.g. BDP, ad-hoc projects)
- Respond to inquiries on facility contracting from internal and external sources
- Prepare and send official notices to payors per contractual requirements
- Create facility lists to be included as exhibits in contracts or amendments using existing databases & queries
- Maintain confidentiality of upcoming deals or negotiations when required
- Understand contracting strategies to analyze payor/facility relationships
- Participate in meetings with other departmental teams and committees as necessary to facilitate solutions on payor issues
- Evaluate and report key performance metrics to department management
- Provide recommendations to improve policies, procedures, and performance
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned to the Healthcare Contract Specialist:
- Work overtime with little to no notice as needed
- Attend team meetings, phone conferences and training as needed
- Know, understand, and follow teammate guidelines, employment policies, and department or company procedures
- Consistent, regular, punctual attendance as scheduled is an essential responsibility of this Healthcare Contract Specialist position
Qualifications of the Healthcare Contract Specialist
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associate’s degree in related field strongly preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (excellent grammar, spelling, ability to effectively verbalize concepts) required
- Two (2) years’ healthcare claims administration, contracting, or payor experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of healthcare contracts preferred
- Intermediate computer skills and proficiency in MS Excel, Outlook, Access required; ability to use Internet effectively required
- Basic familiarity with Oracle Financial System and an electronic billing system preferred
What We’ll Provide to you as a Healthcare Contract Specialist:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most. Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our benefit offerings.
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
- Support for you and your family: Family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace®, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more
- Professional development programs: DaVita offers a variety of programs to help strong performers grow within their career and also offers on-demand virtual leadership and development courses through DaVita’s online training platform StarLearning.
Our Core Values
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today as a Healthcare Contract Specialist.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.