Utility Operator/Maintenance Tech – Hillsboro, WVContract @CRH posted 7 months ago
Appalachian Aggregates, LLC, a CRH Company, is located in southern West Virginia employing more than 100 employees during the construction months. As a stone producer with multiple locations located in the central and southeastern areas of West Virginia, Appalachian Aggregates, LLC supplies stone for ready-mix concrete, asphalt pavement, roadways, commercial buildings, as well as the private markets. Appalachian Aggregates, LLC prides itself on its ability to provide services to many customers in various geographical locations. In addition, by being a part of the CRH Americas family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH Americas. CRH Americas is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Job Description Summary
Candidate will be responsible for operating various types of mobile equipment, and will need to be capable of preforming maintenance on stationary plants. In addition, the candidate will be responsible for clean-up duties as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Usage of various handheld tools.
• Physical ability to shovel and rake stone, dirt, as well as manage traffic flow under extreme temperatures and for extended periods of time.
• Ability to operate various pieces of equipment including water truck, skid steer, and other support equipment.
• Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary basis as needed.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must pass drug screen, “Fit to WORK” physical, and criminal background.
• Must partner with other quarry employees as instructed by facility manager to ensure daily schedules are met.
• Attendance required according to attendance policy to ensure crew ability to operate at a normal efficiency level.
• Physical ability to operate equipment under extreme temperatures and for extended hours of time.
• Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completions.
• Attitude/cooperation: always maintain courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to work various times during day, night, or weekend hours at various locations.
• Ability to follow MSHA/OSHA safety guidelines as well as those set forth by the company policy.
• Ability to follow instructions of supervisor/facility manager on order to adhere to company policies and safety guidelines.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred but not required
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!