Intern – Construction/Road – (New Hampshire)Internship @CRH posted 7 months ago
Pike Industries, Inc., a subsidiary and integral part of Oldcastle, is a leading Highway Contractor and the largest producer of Hot Mix Asphalt and Construction Aggregates in New England. Pike has experienced continual growth over the years and currently employs nearly 1,000 people throughout NH, ME and VT. The dedication, knowledge, and quality workmanship of our employees is what makes the company such a great success. If you’re looking for a challenging career at a company that will reward your efforts, look no further. Take the first step and apply for an exciting opportunity to gain top notch industry experience and pave the road to your success. All Roads Lead Here!
Intern: Road Construction ( New Hampshire): We are seeking safety minded, self-motivated individual to fill a Road Construction internship position. Through an organized and structured process the selected interns will be exposed to and trained on many aspects of our business operations. The internship will be broken into segments of 3-4 weeks each where the interns will be paired with an experienced employee to learn about each of the following areas; paving installation, construction, and quality control. During all phases the interns may assist with duties such as; manual labor, use of hand tools, directing and guiding traffic through construction sites, and possibly operating equipment. Position based in West Lebanon, New Hampshire. Classification: Non-Exempt Student hourly position.
- Must be committed to providing and promoting a safe work environment.
- The ideal candidate must be enrolled (planning to enroll) in a college degree program.
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Must be willing and eager to learn about the construction industry.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation to commute to and from their work location, as well as between facilities and job sites when necessary.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!