Accounting Manager – Hutchinson, KSFull Time @CRH posted 6 months ago
APAC-Kansas, Inc., Shears Construction, is a multi-million dollar heavy highway contractor that was established in 1874, and has multiple asphalt plants, ready mix plants, rock quarries and sand operations in Kansas. Shears is diversified with public, private and commercial work including paving, utility, dirt-grading and concrete flat work. Our valued employees produce quality work and products in a competitive market with safety first at all times. If you are seeking a rewarding career with challenging work, a variety of responsibilities, potential for advancement and looking for benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel, come join our team.
The position offers an exciting opportunity for a skilled financial professional to join an established team and contribute to improving profitability and implementing process improvements. The successful candidate will understand business, operations and financial processes and have the ability to collaborate with operational leadership to support improvements to the business. Core behavioral characteristics we seek include: being a partner to business managers; ability to successfully manage processes to meet tight deadlines and proactively identify and implement process improvement opportunities. This role will suit a candidate who is ambitious to move to positions with greater responsibility.
Responsible for accounting activities including, but not limited to; accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, invoice processing, sales quotes, sales and use tax, SOX controls, month-end and year-end closings. Experience with audit procedures is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting
- 3-5 years of business experience preferred
- Specific experience with accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll processing, and general ledger entry
- Excellent communicator, able to manage a team and support the Controller and Executive Management Team
- Self-starter with the ability to work without close supervision.
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions quickly
- Able to identify problems and find solutions
- High ethical and professional standards
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Willingness to travel – estimated at 10%
- Good working knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs
- Must pass a drug screen, “fit for work” physical and criminal background check.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
APAC-Kansas, Inc., Shears Construction is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability–If you want to know more, please click on this link.
- @ Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices California Properties
- Burbank, California, United States
- Accounting/Finance Jobs , Real Estate Jobs