Photo Retouching AssistantFull Time BARK posted 1 month ago
WHO ARE WE?
The Creative team is responsible for all creative work across toys and product design, product development, marketing, photography.
We’re a diverse group of creatives coming from all sorts of backgrounds. We pride ourselves on being funny and innovative in order for us to create magical experiences for dogs and their people. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, and love finding inspiration in unexpected places.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
BARK is looking for a photo retouching assistant to join the in-house photo team. Reporting to the Lead Photo Retoucher, the Photo Retouching Assistant will be responsible for editing, retouching, and organizing BARK product and lifestyle shots for both print and digital needs. S/he will work closely with key members of the studio team and art directors to deliver high quality imagery and follow all post-production workflow processes to deliver final assets to our internal DAM system and/or external partner portals.
- Retouch a high volume of product and lifestyle imagery for print and digital needs
- Ensure color and size consistency across all images per sku
- Edit images in accordance with brand standards and style guidelines
- Save, tag and manage organization of images on internal DAM system
- Submit images to internal and external partners
- Respond to team members requesting imagery
- Actively review images for quality assurance, consistency and optimization
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 2+ years experience in retouching images
- Thorough understanding of digital editing processes and related software
- Proficient in Adobe’s Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Lightroom and Bridge
- Highly skilled at color correcting, resizing, and general photo editing techniques such as masking, cloning/healing, dodging/burning
- Experience processing Camera Raw, TIFF, PNG and JPEG image files, file optimization and management
- Strong visual sensibility and a meticulous eye for detail
- Able to work collaboratively, with a solution-oriented mindset
- Able to work quickly and efficiently with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced work environment, while maintaining quality deliverables
- A self-starter with a curious mind, who continually seeks ways to improve processes and build efficiencies within the team.
This position is a full-time, salaried position. It is located on-site at our office in New York City. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs — we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we’ve shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.