Manger of External Reporting & Technical AccountingFull Time BARK posted 1 month ago
WHO WE ARE:
The Accounting team is made up of smart, driven, dog-loving accountants who handle the core accounting responsibilities at BARK. These include closing the general ledger monthly and producing GAAP Financials. As a member of the accounting team, you’ll take ownership and become an expert in your accounting area, understanding the process end to end. You’ll encounter daily challenges that will sharpen your problem solving skills and tap into your creativity in order to help the team become more efficient and effective. We are a very collaborative team, working cross-functionally across BARK. What we take seriously: having fun, working hard, and playing with dogs (obviously).
WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR:
The ideal candidate is a resourceful, independent, self-starter able to research complex technical accounting issues and draft conclusions in a timely fashion. This candidate has strong time management skills and has a proven record of success working in a fast-paced, evolving environment. The candidate is a team player, always willing to roll up their sleeves and provide assistance to the finance team.
- Assist with the preparation of SEC financial filings including Form 10-K, Form 10-Q, and Form 8-K, as applicable.
- Create and maintain documentation of accounting policies and ensure that key processes are performed as prescribed.
- Assist with enhancement of internal controls and SOX requirements for new accounting and reporting requirements when applicable.
- Research new technical accounting standards, including writing position papers that support internal and external users.
- Work with accounting teams to implement those new accounting standards.
- Provide ad-hoc technical accounting research, reporting and analysis.
- 5 to 7 years of related work experience
- Experience preparing key SEC filings, including, but not limited to, forms 10-K, 10-Q, MD&A, footnote disclosures, etc.
- Big 4 or National firm public accounting experience
- Extensive knowledge of U.S. GAAP rules and regulations
- Proficiently access and manipulate data for creating financial analyses and other formal presentations
- Experience researching and drafting technical accounting memos
- Proven experience managing projects with tight deadlines
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS (always in BARK blue):
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Certified Public Accountant, a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Netsuite, a plus
This position is a full-time position. It is located on-site at our office in New York. We offer health insurance for both you and your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, and a dog to pet anytime you wish (these last three will come back when we return to the office!).
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs — we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we’ve shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.
- @ Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices California Properties
- United States,California
- Accounting/Finance Jobs , Real Estate Jobs