Art DirectorFull Time BARK posted 1 month ago
WHO WE ARE:
The Creative team is responsible for all creative work across toys and product design, product development, marketing, photography. We’re a diverse group of creatives coming from all sorts of backgrounds. We pride ourselves on being funny and innovative in order for us to create magical experiences for dogs and their people. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, and love finding inspiration in unexpected places
WHO WE’RE SNIFFIN’ FOR:
Multiple creative teams are growing and we’re looking for an Art Director who will work on conceptual storytelling, especially focused on directing photography, for an array of marketing creative across digital, social and print. You will be a conceptual 360 thinker with the ability to synthesize briefs across a variety of channels. You must have experience with art direction, be someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, and obviously must love dogs!
- Concept and develop overall art direction for photoshoots based on monthly themes.
- Lead in the evolution of brand toolkits and guidelines.
- Collaborate and work with photographers, videographers, prop stylists, and DOGS to bring direction to life.
- Work and partner with designers to translate visual direction into marketing material and assist in hands on design for content such as banner ads, paid social, emails, and more.
- Collaborate with copywriters on monthly marketing material and big campaign ideas.
- Incorporate a variety of performance inputs into the ongoing development of internal best practices and design patterns.
- Must have 4-5 years experience developing, presenting, and executing visual direction.
- Must have experience on set and be comfortable and confident while giving direction
- Significant experience in digital advertising and marketing design.
- Agency experience and/or experience collaborating with agencies.
- Experience in creative productions (both big and small!)
- Should also be comfortable creating final designs, everyone here is a hand-on maker.
- Background or experience working with similar industries is a bonus!
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must be open-minded, collaborative, and not take yourself too seriously. These are dog toys after all!
- Be organized, work gracefully under pressure and switch between projects seamlessly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to translate business insights into creative execution
- Have a portfolio of successfully launched work that demonstrate strategic, conceptual and creative thinking
Here at BARK, we love dogs and their people. We’re looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (we’re not kidding). Think Disney for dogs — we make magic for dogs and their people through our products, events, and experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, and our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats and clever toys. Since then, we’ve shipped more than 70 million toys and treats to the dogs across the world and use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives and ways to make magic between dogs and their people. We’ve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.