Associate Scientist / Sr. Associate Scientist, In Vivo PharmacologyFull Time 23andMe posted 4 months ago
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
23andMe’s Therapeutics team is committed to discovering and developing new therapies that can offer significant benefits for patients. This dedicated research and development group in South San Francisco identifies novel targets using 23andMe’s genetic database and performs preclinical research to advance programs for disease areas with high unmet need.
We are seeking an outstanding Associate Scientist or Sr. Associate Scientist to join a collaborative, cross-functional team responsible for the biological characterization of drug targets and the preclinical development of drug compounds. Successful candidates will bring hands-on experience in rodent disease models and PK, PD, and toxicology studies.
More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
What you’ll do
- Design and conduct in vivo studies to support therapeutic drug development in disease models as well as in PK, PD, and toxicology studies
- Develop and validate new in vivo models as required
- Interpret, record, and present complex biological data
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues, and maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
What you’ll bring
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with animal models of disease, preferably in immuno-oncology
- B.S. or M.S. in biological sciences or related field
- Extensive experience with drug delivery procedures (IV, IP, SC, PO) and blood and tissue collection
- Ability to work collaboratively on multiple projects, concurrently
- Proficiency in animal welfare and local, state, and federal guidelines for animal care and use in research
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organization skills with the ability to work independently and in a fast-paced team environment
- Innovative thinker and problem solver
- Independent, proactive and highly self-motivated
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience
- Experience with antibody therapeutics
- Experience analyzing ex vivo samples via flow cytometry
Note: Job title will be commensurate with experience and academic credentials