Maintenance Tech IIIFull Time Amazon posted 3 months ago
About at Amazon
Operations is at the heart of Amazon’s business. We are known for our , accuracy, and exceptional service. Our buildings deliver tens of thousands of products to hundreds of countries worldwide, every day. Reliability & Engineering (RME) are the business partners that work tirelessly behind the scenes to make it all happen. We drive continuous improvement, and maintain all of the Material Handling Equipment (MHE) to ensure our customers are met with the Amazon smile. Come join us, on our journey!
About the Role
As a III, you will lead service technicians on the team in the installation and repair of packaging and distribution equipment. You will support the Operations team in by designing solutions for difficult problems and managing projects. You will help train, and mentor service technicians and contract technicians.
What Do We Offer?
Amazon offers competitive compensation packages including comprehensive healthcare benefits starting on Day 1, matching 401(k) program, and up to 20 weeks of paid parental leave. But wait, there’s more: we don’t wear suits and ties! Come as you are because jeans, t-shirts, sneakers and sometimes a neon safety vest will be your daily outfit.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
– Promote a safe working environment by following all safety procedures
– Maintain and troubleshoot all systems in the building’
– Lead and audit procedures.
– Install, maintain, and troubleshoot relay , ladder diagrams, components, photo-eyes, motor starters, limit switches, proximity sensors, solenoids, etc.
– Create and close out work orders with data including labor hours, equipment and parts used
– Maintain a positive working relationships across all of the Amazon Operations facility
– Develop training plans for service technicians
– Develop work plans for emergency repair of critical assets
– Move up to 49lbs as well as stand and walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours, with or without reasonable accommodation
· High school diploma or equivalent
· 5+ years of experience working with conveyors and
· 5+ years of experience with and electronic principles, National Code (NEC), and electronics
· 5+ years of experience conducting
· 5 + years of experience reading blueprints and schematics
· 5 + years of experience with () programs
· 3+ years of work order management
· Associates or higher degree from a vocational school or college with a focus in the Mechanical or field
· 4+ years apprenticeship or equivalent experience in the Mechanical or field
· Previous leadership experience
· Previous vendor management experience
· Experience with robotic
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.