Associate Scientist / Sr. Associate Scientist – ImmunologyFull Time 23andMe posted 4 months ago
Since 2006, 23andMe’s mission has been to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. We are a group of passionate individuals pushing the boundaries of what’s possible to help turn genetic insight into better health and personal understanding.
23andMe’s Therapeutics team is committed to discovering and developing new therapies that can offer significant benefits for patients. This dedicated research and development group in South San Francisco identifies novel targets using 23andMe’s genetic database and performs preclinical research to advance programs for disease areas with high unmet need.
We are seeking an outstanding Associate Scientist or Sr. Associate Scientist to join a collaborative team responsible for the biological characterization of drug targets and the preclinical development of drug compounds. Successful candidates will bring experience applying molecular and cell biology approaches to elucidate target protein function and drug mechanism of action.
More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
What you’ll do
- Design, validate, and implement biochemical and cell-based assays and assist in in vivo model characterization to support drug discovery in immunology therapeutic areas
- Execute in vitro and in vivo assays for target validation and new therapeutic development through activity and mechanism of action studies
- Interpret, record, and present complex biological data at group meetings and other company meetings
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with colleagues, and maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor’s (+ 5 years’ related experience), Master’s (+ 3 years’ related experience) or PhD in biological sciences or related field
- Hands-on experience with a broad range of cell and biochemical assays, molecular biology and mammalian cell culture techniques
- Strong knowledge in the field of immunology including experience working with human and mouse primary immune cells through isolation, manipulation and functional analysis
- Experience with multi-color flow cytometry and data analysis
- Proactive and highly self-motivated with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication and organization skills with the ability to work independently and in a fast-paced team environment
- Expertise in the field of autoimmunity
- Familiarity with murine models of human disease
- Biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience
Note: Job title will be commensurate with experience and academic credentials