Sectors Information Technology
Amazon Publisher Services (APS), a core part of Amazon’s Advertising business, helps publishers of all sizes increase monetisation and yield. Through its marketplace (Transparent Ad Marketplace), APS provides publishers with convenient access to both Amazon demand as well as diverse, high-quality third-party demand.
The Managed Web team is seeking an experienced Business Analyst who will dive deep into complex data sets to identify actionable insights that drive great business decisions. The analyses you create will help drive buyer customer adoption, ad performance, and retention.
To be successful in this role, you will need to define and produce metrics/dashboards for business teams, execute data extraction and transformation directly on big data systems, and develop hard-hitting analyses to solve complex business challenges. You are an analysis expert and a data evangelist who leverages a variety of platforms and analytical tools to extract critical insights from massive data sets.
· Bachelor’s Degree
· Experience defining requirements and using data and metrics to draw business insights
· 3+ years relevant experience in financial/business analysis
· Experience in SQL
· 1+ years of experience working directly in the advertising or ad tech space
· Analyze data to find actionable insights that lead to great business decisions and new opportunities
· Collaborate with customers and key stakeholders to translate business questions into verifiable hypotheses using complex, multi-source data
· Build dashboards and custom reports to track key metrics, empower other team members with data, and investigate business questions
· Execute deep-dive analyses addressing key business issues and present findings to stakeholders
· Demonstrate great judgment in quickly forming actionable, data-driven conclusions in the face of uncertainty
· Proactively make recommendations for new tests and initiatives to improve key metrics and customer outcomes
· Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
· Play an active role in strategic & operational planning discussions
**This position can sit in NYC or Palo Alto.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.